Lifemark Virtual Care
A new way to receive Lifemark services
Our innovative Virtual Care services leverage video conference technology to allow participants to connect remotely with a healthcare professional regardless of where they’re located.
Access to healthcare services can make all the difference in the world, which is why Lifemark is constantly innovating to improve access to care and provide people the care they need. If in-person services aren’t available in a participant’s area or if an individual is unable to get to the clinic, they can now connect remotely with a Lifemark clinician through Virtual Care, which uses video conference technology to provide services at a distance.
About Virtual Care
Our virtual services are easy to use, private, and most of all, convenient. Virtual Care:
- Removes accessibility and/or mobility barriers
- Connects service providers with the participant regardless of location
- Protects the participant’s privacy through safeguards and robust policies
- Reduces travel time while still ensuring the participant receives quality care
- Enhances the continuum of care when getting to the clinic in-person is not possible
Virtual Care services include:
- Physiotherapy services
- Occupational therapy services
- Psychology services
- Office ergonomic evaluations
- Vocational assessments and services
- Exercise therapy services
The types of services we offer virtually are continuing to grow. Contact us for more information.
How it works
Prior to the appointment, the participant will receive (via email or text) a link to their appointment session. This will enable both an audio and video connection between the clinician and the participant.
Any documentation that the participant needs to review and complete prior to their appointment will be sent to them ahead of time.
If at any time during the session either the clinician or the participant feels that using electronic communications is limiting the effectiveness or quality of the services provided, we will look to schedule an in-person appointment with the participant.
How virtual care differs from in-person services
The services are largely the same. Our clinicians are required to meet the same regulatory and legislative requirements and adhere to their respective Standards of Practice and Code of Conduct, just as they are for in-person services.
Lifemark also has strict privacy and information security policies and procedures in place regarding managing information when using electronic communication technologies.
To participate in a virtual care session, a laptop, smartphone (Android or iPhone) or tablet (such as an iPad) with a camera and microphone is required. No software installation is needed.
To ensure participants are ready for their appointment, they should:
- Test their access to the video conference platform using the link they have received via email
- Review the information they were provided about receiving virtual care services
- Complete any required documents prior to the appointment
Performing a full ergonomic evaluation of a workstation through Virtual Care
Virtual services are available for office ergonomic evaluations. The participant may be asked to send the clinician via email specific photographs of their workstation prior to their appointment, including:
- Side view seated in chair
- Front view seated in chair
- Full desk view
- Side view seated at computer
- Position of telephone, mouse, keyboard
- Photo of chair